Thursday 10 October 2019

Unity Tutorial 02


Unity Tutorial 02

In today's Unity tutorial, I learned many things but the 2 main headings were improving graphics and adding a ray cast and cursor. 
In the first video I learned how to add sounds to objects and how to make objects "collectible". I created a new collider box for the gem which as also a trigger. I imported a sound effect and done some C# code that basically played the sound when I came with the vicinity of the gem and then made it disappear as if I collected it. 
After that, I imported water from my standard assets folder. Then, it was easy to add water to the game. I lowered the terrain and added water to the hole. Another thing I done was add 2 new textures, stone and brick. I created a brick wall. 

After that I then added a cursor. A cursor is basically a little marker that tells you where the player is looking(in the center of the screen). This was easy to make and I was able to play around with different shapes and colors. Lastly I added a ray cast to the game. I ray cast basically tells the player how much distance is between his character and the object he/she is looking at. This required a bit of C# coding. 
I enjoyed this weeks tutorials because the game is really starting to take shape. 
Image info:
Screenshot of my own game in Unity Engine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity Tutorial 06