Friday 27 September 2019

Introduction Post

Introduction Post

For all of you who do not know, my name is Jordan Dempsey. I am a 19 year old student who is studying Creative Digital Media in I.T Blanchardstown. I live at home with my parents and my brother. I am currently working in Arnotts department store as a Sales Assistant in Menswear. I love my job.
I love listening to music. My two favorite genres of music are house/techno and rap. When I was about 15 I started listening to electronic dance music. From about 1999-2010 there was an amazing period of time where D.J's were releasing great music. I was introduced to house music by my friends. I remember one of my best friends had an Ipad (this was before anyone had any apple products) and it was loaded with hundreds of songs, all house music. My friends and I would sit in his bedroom listen to songs every time we were in his house. 

Another thing I would like to talk about is my love for media production. I first thought about pursuing media as a career when I was in 5th year of Secondary school. It was around the time where we were urged to start thinking about our course choice for when we finish school. At first, I was thinking about following a career such as engineering or science. I was good at subjects like these and I found it interesting. After doing more research, I realized that I wanted to follow a path that was a bit more creative. I did not want to stuck in a job that was extremely focused on calculations, numbers and other stressful tasks. I started researching ideas along the lines of travelling the world and creativity. Money wasn't my first concern, I wanted a job that would make me happy. This is where I stumbled across Photography.  
When choosing my courses I put at the top of my course choice list; Creative Digital Media in I.T Blanchardstown. I studied hard so I could get enough points to get accepted. After I got my results I was delighted to see that I was accepted in I.T.B. I decided that I wanted to up my Photography skills before I started so I decided to do a P.L.C in Photography and then start the course next year. I am glad I made that decision and now I am year 2 of my course and I am loving it!
Image Information:
Recent photograph that I took in Howth. I like this photo because I am proud of how far the quality of my images have came. 

9 comments:

  1. Heya Jordan!
    ACKCHYUALLY we're in TUD Blanch now :P I love electronic music too! Though I prefer drum and bass to be exact. You should listen to it, it's all electronic as well! Also, your photo is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sup Jordan, I have a similar story about my cousin when he said he could store one thousand songs on his phone my little child brain almost exploded, he'd just play songs and I was amazed how much music could fit in one small device. kind of funny to look back at that now, I also decided on media around fifth year and this course seemed perfect for me, I hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi jordan
    I just read your blog now and wanted to say you have some serious talent in photography keep it up man and I also get wanting to follow a path from a creative standpoint as I love designing and sketching imagery and typography.

    Keep up the good content man

    Dillon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jordan.

    I couldn't agree more about choosing a job that makes you happy over one that pays more money. It was exactly that reason that made me decide to go back to college and do the things I love.

    Your passion for creativity and especially photography is infectious. It's always great to hear (or see) someone talk about what they love. You have serious skill in photography. There's nothing more satisfying than looking back and seeing how far your abilities have come. Do you have any ideas on what kind of photography you'd like to pursue after college?

    - Ultan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jordan
    I just read the blog and I found this to be a good way for me to get to know you. I can see from this post that you have a huge interest in photography and that you are very good at it. You saying that having a job that makes you happy is more important than a job that pays more money is something I agree with strongly.
    Jamie Gannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jordan,

    I really like your blog ! I like Electronic, I'm not super into it more into Metal myself, but My Dad is super into Electronic and so it's no surprise that my favorite metal band has a dj!

    I agree, I would rather have a job I love then one that's gets me more money, but both is good as well! I can see your really good at photography, you'll have no problem getting a job in the future !

    Can't wait to read your blog in the future!

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jordan,

    I also love listening to house and techno music. What DJ’s do you listen to? What are some of your favourite songs in either of them genres? What do you think of this course after your first year, did you make the right decision after all? I never knew you did a PLC in Photography before this course. Did you find this helped you much last year with our photography based module?

    I look forward to reading some of your future blogs.

    -Ciaran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jordan,

    I really enjoyed learning more about you. I also like those genres of music. Who is your favourite DJ?
    I think we have similar views on our future jobs as I didn't want to be stuck behind a desk all day. I definitely think we made the right choice to do this course and go down the creative route. I've seen some of your photography before and you're really talented. The photo you've attached shows that. I couldn't agree more with you when you wrote about happiness over money.

    I look forward to reading more.

    -LM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Jordan,
    I loved ready your reading blog about yourself. It was good to learn more about what you like and what you want to do when your older. I also enjoying listening to DJ's, I went to Electric Picnic which is full of DJ's, it was unreal. Hope to see you around college and wish you luck with the rest of the year.
    Cya Soon,
    Aaron Hogan.

    ReplyDelete

Unity Tutorial 06