Monday 14 October 2019

Game Idea Research


Game Idea Research


The game idea that I would like to do some more in-depth research on is my idea of A Outdoor Survival game. I think that certain game mechanics are what will make this game really interactive and enjoyable. 

Equipment

Equipment will be one of the most important game mechanics in this game. This is a survival game so the player would need to find tools and weapons in order to survive. Maybe the player could craft tools from raw materials in order to better him/herself throughout the game. For example; maybe the player could find some sticks and rope, from these materials the player could craft a fishing rod in order to find food. 

HUD

I defiantly want to add a HUD(heads up display) into my game. A HUD is basically a display around the screen that keeps the player up to date with important info such as health, mission progress and maybe a map but there are no limits to what a game developer can add to a HUD in order to make the game experience even more immersing. 

Skills/Traits

I think that a skill system would really improve my game. Skills such as hunting, crafting, stamina and other skills could add realism to the game. It would improve the game if the player would have to try and level up certain skillsets in order to progress. 

Links:

Image Info:

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jordan
    This post shows that you have good idea what type of game you want to make. Making an outdoor survival game is an interesting idea and there is a lot of other games to look at will help you design this type of game. I like the idea of your game having a skill system it’s a good idea.
    Jamie Gannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jordan.
    I really enjoyed reading your blog today. I think your idea for your outdoor survival game is very unique and could be every enjoyable to play if it it is done right at the end.
    I like the fact that you have went big with your idea. My question to you would be how will you make you terrain look?will it be dull or colourful?
    keep going with you amazing idea as it has so much potential and could be absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Unity Tutorial 06