Sunday 17 November 2019

First Playable


First Playable

I am relieved to finally have a version of my game that is somewhat playable. At this point, I have the fps controller and terrain of my level completed. I have created the majority of what I want to do with the terrain. I have created the landscape, the trees, the grass, the fog and the rocks. One more thing that I want to do is to create the boundaries of the level. I hope to do this by creating a denser border of trees that will act as a boundary and a guide towards the end of the game. I also plan to add a mountain into the map. 

My next step is to create the HUD and to create the AI characters. Then, after that I have to add in the weapons and inventory. This is the most daunting task for me. I am a bit worried that I will not be able to integrate everything that I plan to have in the game. I hope that I not falling behind. 

I am also a bit worried that I will not be able to create the opening and closing scenes of the game. I am completely new to the Unity engine so I do not have a clue how I would go about doing this. I will definitely need to watch a few tutorials.

Whats working well for me at the moment is that I have the basics started and I know what I need to do next. What I am struggling with is time management. I really hope I can get all this done in time while I juggle all of my other assignments. I am enjoying this module so I am going to push through. 

Image Info:
Screenshot of my game in Unity engine

2 comments:

  1. Hello there Jordan, its wonderful getting to read your blog and learning about you are getting along with your game. Its cool to hear you have got a fps controller going for your game, it really helps make the game's atmosphere come alive. Just out of curiosity, how do you intend to add the weapons and the inventory mechanics to your game? It sounds quite complicated, even you mentioned how adding them in is going to be daunting. Personally I wouldn't be able to figure it out myself, but I do hope you can solve the issue and have it added in. Graphically speaking, the game looks really nice so far. I like the detailing you have put in for the trees, it really looks like you could just wander through that forest and enjoy your time through on top of that. Anyways, I hope you do really well with your game in the future Jordan and that it turns out to be a really good game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Jordan,
    I enjoyed reading your blog on your first playable game. The layout of your blog is very neat and made it very easy for me to read. I like your idea for your game a lot. I can really see myself playing this game in my spare time. I wish you luck for the rest of your journey on creating your game and I am sure if you keep up the good luck and the same work effort that you will make a great game.
    Cya Soon,
    Aaron Hogan.

    ReplyDelete

Unity Tutorial 06