Thursday 14 November 2019

Unity Free Tutorial



Unity Free Tutorial


The name of the tutorial I watched was "Creating a Survival Game in Unity 2018 | Part 1 - Health, Thirst, & Hunger". I thought that this tutorial would be relevant to me because I am creating a survival game that contains all of the factors covered in this tutorial: thirst, hunger and health. I am glad I watched this tutorial because there is a lot of C# coding that needs to be done so at least I have somewhere to go to help me do this. 

Another reason why I am glad that I watched this YouTube tutorial because it is a part of a unity tutorial series. In the other tutorials it covers items and inventory and also covers animal U.I. I am so glad I found this series because it perfectly suits the game that I want to make.

In the C# code, the tutorial basically runs through how to set up the health system and how taking damage can cause the player to die. Then, it runs through how to set up hunger and thirst. Both of these levels slowly degenerate over time and have to be replenished. One thing that I am still unsure about is hos to integrate these into the HUD system. 

Image Info: 
Screenshot of YouTube tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhkoYxuZ2UI(link to tutorial)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity Tutorial 06