Tuesday 19 November 2019

Week 9 Reading and Writing


Reading and Writing

1. Looking back

In my opinion, the reading exercises every week are very beneficial. The reason that I think that the reading exercises are beneficial are because they motivate us to read the blogs and articles written by professional game developers and experts in the industry(Something that we should be doing ourselves if we want to be successful). The reading notes are also helping with my game. In particular, the readings about how games are entertaining and what we find 'fun' about games. Reading these games gave me inspiration for my own game. 
I also learned new research strategies. Researching a topic is a very important and relevant skill. When doing the readings, researching skills were important because we would be required to find articles and blogs written about a certain subject, analyse the text and then summaries the information. 
I am happy with how my game project is going at the moment. I feel like I didn't start developing my game soon enough and this came back to bite me because now I am feeling a bit stuck for time to get my game finished. I hope that I can get everything that I want to get done finished in time. 

2. Image

The reason that I chose this image is because it is a screenshot from the development of my game project. I like this image because it shows my game after I designed the map. I am really proud that I am creating my own game so it is a very proud moment for me when I see this landscape that I have created. 
I never thought that I would be able to comfortably create a level in game like this within the space of time that I did. I hope I can continue creating games that I can be proud of like this one. 

3. Looking Forward

One thing that I would do if I were to start this year again would be to leave myself more time to do the readings and other tasks each week. It is very easy to leave things until the last hour so moving forward I am going to make a big effort to stop leaving assignments until the last hour on the day that it is due. 
Another thing that I would've done if I were to start this year again would be to start my game sooner. This has caused me a bit of stress so maybe if I got a start sooner I wouldn't have fallen behind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity Tutorial 06