Sunday 20 October 2019

Game Vision Statement


Game Vision Statement

Genre

The gene of my game would be a Survival. I have not decided whether it should be first person or third person.  I would like my game to be based in a hostile, intense, open-world environment. The player would have minimal equipment. The player would have to collect resources, craft tools, weapons, and shelter, and survive as long as possible. Survival games are interesting because they require the player to work in order to survive, overcoming obstacles and solving problems. Harvesting resources and crafting tools and weapons.

Game play

The game play would generally be adventurous. I want the map to have multiple paths and places to explore so that the player would have to explore the map in order to find what the objective is. I would like to add some sort of combat element to the game. I would love if the player would have to worry about dangerous animals or maybe even other humans. I would like the player to be able to craft weapons that he/she could use to attack and/or hunt. 
Resource management and crafting would be element that I would like to have in the game. I think this would make the game a lot more interesting.

Resources Required 

Resources

Resources would be a great element to add to my game. I would like it that in order to craft a tool that would help you progress, the player would have to collect materials in order to craft the tool. Also, I would like it that the player would have to collect food and water in order to survive. 

Collection

Collection would be an obvious resource to have in this game. The player would have to collect food, water, materials and other items. 

Construction

Construction/crafting would be a great element to this game. The fact that it is a adventure/survival game would make it perfect to have some sort of crafting element.

Combat

I think that combat would make this game a lot more intense. Scenes of combat and fighting would really improve this game idea. The fact that the game is based in a survival situation, it would not be complete without some sort of intense combat. 

Link 

Image Info

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jordan, I have just read through your blog and I must say this is very good. I like how you go into detail about what you like best about Survival games and how they all work out. The strongest point of your game I feel is all the branching paths you have available to you in the game and how they all connect together in the game overall. How do you intend to implement the resources mechanic to your game? Are there any easy ways for that to be inserted in? I reckon if you can implement them then you have a great shot with this game. I think that the combat idea is a bit off, if only cause the combat would need a feasible reason to exist in the game in some crucial manner to justify its presence in the game. But as I said, I do really enjoy the game idea you have created for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jordan,

    I really like your blog and your game idea! I like how detail your idea is, it's show that you really thought hard about this. Are you planning to do anything different then most survival game ? No Offense but so far your game sounds like a typical survival game.

    Anyway, I like the idea of trying third-person for your game! Survival games are great crack and I can tell your passiveness about this.

    Can't wait to read your blog in the Future!

    Y.I.S
    Sarah H

    ReplyDelete

Unity Tutorial 06