Thursday 17 October 2019

Unity Tutorial 03


Unity Tutorial 03


For this week's unity tutorial, instead of doing Jimmy Vegas' Youtube series, we done an online tutorial on how to create a functional clock in Unity. 

In order to make the clock, I first had to physically create the object in the Unity engine. To make the face, I created a 3.D smart object, which was a cylinder. I then flattened the cylinder to make a disc. I then proceeded to make the hour indicators and clock hands using cubes. I also re positioned the camera so that when the game is played it had a overview of the clock face. 

Next, I started the C# scripting. To start the script I had to define what were the hour, minute and second hands and also that were to be transformed. C# Script is a completely new method of coding to me so it was a bit confusing at the start when I was typing some of the code into the editor. I had to read the text very carefully to try and understand what I was doing. 

Also, one feature that I thought was a good addition to the clock was adding the option to make it continuous. This meant that the hands of the clock would continuously turn around the face without it 'ticking'.

Image Info:
Screenshot of my clock in Unity Engine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity Tutorial 06