Friday 4 October 2019

Unity Tutorial 01


Unity Tutorial 01

In today's Unity tutorial I learned the basics of the Unity engine. Unity is a 3.D game development platform. I really enjoy Unity because it makes game development an easy process for someone who is only a beginner. Also, it is free!! I never thought that i would be interested in game development, but after today I could really imagine myself working with an engine like this in the future. 
The first thing that I learned about was the engine itself. Unity is extremely versatile and it can be customized to your liking. For example, the different windows within the engine can be moved around to your liking. Then, I learned about objects. Objects can be placed inside your world and manipulated in many different ways. They are placed along the XYZ axis and the size and other factors can be manipulated. 
The next thing that I learned about was terrain and textures. I learned about how to shape terrain to create a realistic world and also about how I could apply textures and materials to terrains and objects to further develop my world. 
Next, I learned about how C# code is integrated into Unity. I learned how i can use code to rotate an object. 
I found getting used to the engine itself. I found myself forgetting where to find the simplest things, for example; I had to re-watch tutorial 02 in order to find out how to apply texture to a terrain. 
I am really looking forward to getting to grips with Unity, it is a really fun engine to use. 

Image Information:
Unity logo: http://smwiki2016.wikidot.com/wiki:game

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity Tutorial 06