Sunday 6 October 2019

Game Brainstorm


Game Brainstorm


Outdoor Survival 

My first game idea is a survival style game. The player must collect materials, craft tools, cook food, scout new areas and other activities. I want to design a amazing outdoor forest map that is free-roaming(if possible). I would love the player to be able to use his/her own initiative in order to survive. the starting point of the game could be when the player is stranded in a forest. Then the goal could be then to survive a certain amount of time while fighting factors such as danger and hunger etc. To win he/she has to find civilization.

Zombie Survival 

My second game idea would be a zombie survival game. I would love to develop a game that contains waves of scary zombies that try to kill you. The player could either use weapons or other elements such as traps in order to survive. I could design bots that spawn in and try to attack the player. I would have to integrate a health system into the game. I would like to add scary music and SFX in order to make the game better.

Problem Solving 

For my third game I would like to make a game that requires the player to solve brain-teasing problems in order to progress to the next level and eventually complete the game. For the problems, the player would have to use trial and error in order to figure out what needs to be done in order to pass the level. For example, the player would have to arrange spheres in a certain order to open a door, in the next room the player would have to solver another problem. 
Link to useful resource: http://mypuzzle.org/3d

War Game

The last game I would like to make would be a war game. Either I would like to make a modern day shooter game that would require the player to fight with bots in order to survive. Maybe there could be a mission such as capturing a flag or defusing a bomb. The other version of this game could be a game where the player is a knight and would have to use his sword to fight his enemies. 
For both these games I would have to create a health and damage system.

Image Info:

Screenshot of FPS game development:

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jordan,

    I was invested at Outdoor Survival. I love these kinds of games, where it's completely up to the player to decide how to go about playing and getting to the end. I've never gotten to play it, but have you ever heard of Rust? I think it has a similar theme where the player starts with nothing and has to scavenge to survive. It might be worth looking into if you decide to take this idea further. I'd be excited to play this game if you went with it, although I wouldn't envy the amount of coding that would have to go into it.

    I'm also a fan of the puzzler idea. I love to play puzzle games as there's a real sense of achievement when you overcome something that you get stuck on. Personally, I don't think I'd have the patience or the knowledge to design puzzles. I'd love to see what you do with this idea if you take it on.

    Fair play Jordan, you can tell you put genuine thought and effort into researching your ideas. I imagine you'll be able to create a highly entertaining game, and I'm looking forward to playing it.

    ReplyDelete

Unity Tutorial 06