Thursday 13 February 2020

Reading 03


Reading 03


For this week's reading task we learned how to do our research for the project. After creating my research strategy and searching for documents on Google Scholar last week, I had 10 sources of information on my subject which I put in my documents folder. I divided my documents folder into 2 sections; read and unread. This way I can find PDFs that I have analysed and then after I have filled out my research matrix I can keep the document archived with the notes I've taken. 

I was really overwhelmed with this work but the more I read the readings the more I understood the process and what I had to do. I found that using Adobe Acrobat HUGELY helped me. I found that this software makes it very easy to edit, highlight and take notes on the PDFs I was analysing. Then, I can open up my research matrix, take down the relevant information by using the THREE PASS METHOD. This was a great way of working through the information and creating notes that I can easily come back to when writing my literature review or my work for creating the text book. 

Although I struggled, I am now starting to understand how to properly research for relevant info, analyse and record the data in the material and then archive and store the documents alongside their relevant notes. It is rewarding to be improving in a skill like this where I would usually struggle. 

Image info: 
Screenshot in Adobe Acrobat of the review matrix I filled out for one the documents I reviewed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unity Tutorial 06